Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back in Ghana and Getting a Routine

I arrived back in Ghana on Sunday and have been trying to get familiar with the area since then. My last few days in Burkina Fasso were great. I went to a sort of zoo on day and then we went to a park and had a mini safari. We even saw some wild elephants! It so nice to finally be somewhere i can call home. Right now I'm working on having a healthy morning routine. I don't do as much running as i used to and i really wanted to i probably could, but right now i'm content running a few laps around the embassy. My Goal For before i return to school is six laps which should be roughly 3 miles or a little under. Then i do some circuits. This is followed by breakfast :) Yum. So far the rest of my day has been spent on the computer or on other random tasks and organizing my room a little. One more thing in my really short post. Today i forced myself to watch Earthlings , a documentary on the horrid things that occur to animals we call pets, food and cloths, and this has led me to make a decision. Already a vegetarian, i felt a little better watching the horrid slaughter scenes (as okay as one can feel while watching that, granted i still cried my eyes out). I took a pledge to be vegan for one month and then hopefully forever. This video has some pretty gruesome scenes so you may want to be careful but if you want to understand what REALLY happens, you can watch the film online here That's all for today. I'll be sure to update with something a little more interesting tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment